Mount Sinai Careers
Community Paramedicine Operations Manager- Mount Sinai Health Partners
Mount Sinai is one of the largest non-profit health systems in the U.S. with a strong reputation for quality of care (18th ranked academic medical center) and research/education (22nd ranked medical school). Our health system has ~40,000 employees working together to provide billions of dollars in high-quality care for millions of patients each year.
We are accelerating a transition to a business model focused on population health management – our goal is to keep entire communities healthy and out of the hospital. For that reason, the Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS) has developed and is looking to expand its Community Paramedicine program.
Community Paramedicine (CP) is a rapidly growing concept in which Emergency Medical Services (EMS) resources and providers are utilized in an integrated manner with the health care delivery system to provide higher quality care to patients in the community. The CP program at MSHS has been designed specifically to reinforce the PCP-to-Patient relationship and respond to urgent, new acute complaints in the community, and ultimately provide the patient with the most appropriate disposition. The program incorporates Emergency Medical Services, acute-care, contracting, finance, IT, communications, analytics, operations, and product development areas of expertise.
The Community Paramedicine program is looking for team members who:
· Take the initiative to accomplish team objectives
· Work productively amidst ambiguity
· Thrive in fast-paced work environments
· Skillfully adapt and improvise solutions in a dynamic system environment
Community Paramedicine seeks an Operations Manager to support the development and scalabilty of our efforts. This position will play a critical role in structuring our service offerings and optimizing processes, workflows, systems, and relationships with internal and external partners. In addition, the Operations Manager will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing the infrastructure of the program, focusing on quality, customer service, and continuous performance improvement.
The Operations Manager while working . Data collection and analysis will be key aspects of the program as it expands rapidly over the next year and demonstrates results, sustainability, and long-term value to population health management strategies.
· Responsible for ensuring program growth, maintaining quality, streamlining operational processes, and helping achieve sustainability of program.
· Manage internal and external client relationships
· Create and effectively manage project work plans; includes leading team meetings, coordinating across multiple stakeholders, and ensuring work is accomplished on time.
· Continually refine operational workflows to ensure client satisfaction and enable scalability.
· Lead program outreach and onboarding activities, ensuring program doubles call volumes annually.
· Oversee data collection and business intelligence analytics related to scaling and sustainability of model
· Proactively and creatively address any challenges that may arise during project execution.
· Assist the Medical Director in representing and promoting the program across the health system, interacting regularly with functions such as contracting, IT, marketing, finance, legal, and operations.
· Oversee and coordinate the work of other resources assigned to support CP activities.
Education and Experience
· Minimum of 5 years of operational experience with complex healthcare initiatives
· At least 2 years of financial management experience with ability to create and maintain financial reports.
· Proficiency with analytics (very strong fluency in Excel, Tableau, etc.)
· Master’s degree in applicable area preferred: Master’s in Public Health, Master’s in Health Administration, Master’s in Business Administration with healthcare focus
· Previous clinical experience with Emergency Medical Services a plus
General Skills and Competencies
· Strong work ethic and persistence; Results oriented-leader
· Superior project management skills and persistent focus on key business objectives
· Strategic thinker with ability to understand a project in detail as well as how it fits into overall strategy
· Organized and Reliable– meticulous and detail-oriented; consistently meets timelines and objectives
· Problem solver – responds to problems with suggested solutions; sound judgment and decision-making abilities
· Effective communicator – excellent written and verbal communication; convincing presentation skills; ability to summarize analyses and research, and convey complex ideas straightforwardly
· Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office; ability to build complex yet easy to understand models in Excel Flexible team player –collaborate well with diverse group of team members, comfortable working in both new and established environments, and interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders
· Passionate innovator – desire to join a fast-paced, growth-oriented team with determination to deliver superior health value and improve health care in the US