Mount Sinai Careers
ASSOCIATE SCIENTIST - Department of Neurosciences
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Associate Scientist is experienced in the conduct of research involving the understanding of human diseases and improvement of human health. May assist in the operation of the clinical laboratory. Engages in clinical investigation or other research, production, technical writing, and related activities, and may mentor less senior scientist and Associate Researcher staff.
- CRISPR Genome Editing in hPSCs
- Differentiation of hPSCs into different neuronal populations
- FACS of labeled cellular populations from differentiated hPSCs/ Assay Development
- Generation of next generation sequencing libraries
- Analysis of transcriptomics and quantitative proteomics data
- CRISPR-activation and CRISPR-inhibition functional genomics assays/screens
- Publish and present novel research findings in academic journals and conferences
- Performs other related duties
- PhD in Neuroscience, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or related field
- 5 years of post-doctoral experience
- Productivity demonstrated by publication record
- Ability to work efficiently and reach expected goals
- Desire to work in a small team/strong interpersonal skill
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.