Mount Sinai Careers
IT Director - Applications Development and Support
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Applications Development and Support - Req #2287684
The Director of Information Technology will require relevant experience leading technology teams, preferably Integration or Interoperability, in a Healthcare Environment. Capability to navigate through challenges be adaptable to the differing needs. Someone who has experience and is comfortable implementing change in process and structure and can share the vision and strategic direction of the department. Someone who is very clear on their core values and leadership style, highly self-aware and a high level of emotional intelligence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Directs the utilization of information system resources and plans, designs, and implements organization wide information systems and technologies.
2. Assigns and coordinates the work of Information Technologies staff, contractors and vendors. Provides overall technical leadership within a structure that is consistently expanding through organization wide system development and departmental utilization of microcomputers.
3. Directs the day-to-day operations of the assigned area(s) of responsibility, including the allocation of resources and staff. Remains current with technological advances and be able to apply them where applicable.
4. Coordinates planning, design, implementation, and technical support of organization wide information systems, networks, and departmental applications.
5. Directs the development of the Information Technologies operating budget and maintains necessary controls to assure compliance with budgeted expenses, resources, and staff projections.
6. Assists in the development of organization-wide systems standards (hardware, software, network systems) policies and procedures.
7. Responsible for development and implementation of information systems disaster recovery plans.
8. Develops staff and monitor programs to support production services including staffing, standards, productivity analysis, cost factors, benefits realization, and operations processing.
9. Coordinates, develops, and executes program for continual measurement of the organization’s information systems, and communication networks’ performance and effectiveness.
10. Ensures the provision of cost efficient information services and systems. Anticipate developments in fields of information technology. Write recommendations for management review of enhancements to existing systems through ongoing review.
11. Completes required continuous training and education, including department specific requirements.
12. Assists in the development of organization-wide systems standards (hardware, software, network systems) policies and procedures.
13. Performs other related duties
- 15+ years in Healthcare IT with a focus in Integration, Interoperability/HIE
- 10+ years as a Leader in Healthcare IT
- 5+ years in an Epic environment
- 5+ years with Health Information Exchange.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – Need to develop executive level summaries, strategic road maps and value propositions