Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Digital Marketing - Req #2287974
Job Title: Director, Web Development and Marketing Technologies
Roles & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Digital Marketing, the Director, Web Development & Marketing Technologies will lead the web development, production teams and QA, serving as a primary digital partner to the larger Central Marketing team. As a thought leader on the Digital team, you will work closely with senior leadership to guide feature recommendations and enhancements for Mount Sinai web properties. Day to day responsibilities include:
• Lead web development and production teams, collaborating with other central marketing teams, aligning their goals to maintain a unified strategy.
• Supervise team of developers, content managers and QA through website/application development process.
• Interface with IT, leadership, vendors and stakeholders, manage projects and oversee development process.
• Ensure best practices are being followed for development process including continuous code deployments and modern QA practices
• Implement and evaluate technical success metrics
• Work with business owners to understand business objectives, recommend process changes and architect user requirements into technical solutions which are efficient, maintainable, flexible and scalable.
• Collaborate in all design, technical and strategic discussions
• Advocate best practices in usability, SEO and conversion optimization.
• Be a thought leader, stay abreast on competitor activities and industry trends, ensuring new technologies are evaluated and recommended
• Encourage team discovery and sharing of cutting-edge methods in responsive design, modern js frameworks and implementation of schemas/micro data.
• 8 plus years relevant experience in web development, with 4 years’ experience leading a team in a large corporate environment, academic / health care experience a plus
• At least 5 years of experience managing project life cycle activities on large web development projects.
• Strong expertise in modern front-end technology, frameworks, and libraries
• Strong experience with Marketing Technologies (e.g. Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Email Marketing, Optimization, CMS, Analytics, Tag Management, A/B Testing, DMP)
• Experience with Opentext WEM preferred
• Experience with Cloud Infrastructure (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud, etc.)
• Experience with Mobile Development
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a history of hands-on leadership.
• Able to maintain a big picture, strategic outlook with the ability to iterate from strategy to product development and planning;
• Able to translate strategic concepts into supporting initiatives efficiently driving results linked to financial and qualitative goals.
• Self-motivated, standout colleague, action-and-results oriented
• Well organized, exceptional communication and presentation skills- effective communicator/presenter to groups of all sizes and levels
• Demonstrate knowledge of digital marketing strategies and tactics including pay per click, display, SEO and social media.
• Extraordinary project management, planning and organizational skills
• Working knowledge of IT infrastructure and architecture including server administration and DNS
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.