Mount Sinai Careers
ASSOCIATE SCIENTIST - Microscopy Core and Advanced Bioimaging Center
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Associate Scientist is experienced in the
conduct of research involving the understanding of human diseases and
improvement of human health. May assist in the operation of the clinical
laboratory. Engages in clinical investigation or other research, production,
technical writing, and related activities, and may mentor less senior scientist
and Associate Researcher staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts research to develop methodologies, instrumentation and procedures for medical application, analyzing data and presenting findings
- Designs and conducts complex clinical research studies requiring the determination and evaluation of alternative methods, computational modeling, diagnosis and treatment
- Plans and directs studies to investigate human or animal disease, preventive methods, and treatments for disease
- May assist in clinical laboratory operations
- Follows strict safety procedures when handling materials to avoid contamination
- Teaches principles of medicine and medical and laboratory procedures to physicians, residents, students, and research staff
- Confers with health departments, industry personnel, physicians, and others to develop health safety standards and public health improvement programs
- Develops treatments and designs research tools and techniques
- Explores subject area and defines scope and selection of problems for investigation through conceptually related studies
- Develops hypotheses to be tested and methodology for evaluating results
- Examines the results of clinical trials and adjusts the dosage levels to reduce negative side effects or to induce better results
- Communicates research results to the scientific community via published papers
- Develops new proposals for research and obtain support for new and/ or continuing research activities
- Makes recommendations that have a major impact on extensive scientific research activities
- Performs other related duties.
- Education: PhD in Biological Science or related field
- Experience: 3 years experience
- General Skills: Ability to work
independently or as part of a team and be able to communicate clearly and
concisely, both orally and in writing.
Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.