Mount Sinai Careers
RESEARCH PROGRAM COORDINATOR II - RADIOLOGY
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Research Program Coordinator ll - 2288702
The Research Program Coordinator II develops study protocols, designs management and statistical plans, analyzes data and prepares final reports from study. The Research Program Coordinator II manages activities associated to research projects, including training, supervision of staff, grant and budget preparation, data management and statistical analysis with adherence to applicable regulations.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provides assistance and consultation on basic research or clinical trials methodologies and statistical analysis issues.
- Designs and implements research projects focusing on health and interventions and their associated health outcomes.
- Assists evaluation staff in project design, appropriate procedures and conduct and coordination by establishing sample size requirements, calculating issues associated with various evaluation design options and consulting on appropriate statistical analysis for proposed evaluations.
- Documents and records observations on progress of research, investigations and data per regulatory requirements and MSMC protocols.
- Establishes goals and objectives for staff and communicate through regular correspondence or meetings and promotes positive relationship within the department/institution.
- Provides assistance to the Principle Investigator or Research Manager on grant applications. Organize study protocol for related research projects, developing and coordinating necessary administrative paperwork.
- Serve as program liaison to other departments, outside organizations, government agencies and product representatives.
- Assists in the development of budgets for research projects. Completes grant applications and proposals by developing pilot studies and generating pre-clinical data.
- Oversee the preparation of operational and statistical reports for the P.I. and/or regulatory agencies.
- Completes all Institutional Review Board (IRB) or IACUC and other regulatory applications and renewals.
- Develops policies and procedures within area of responsibility. Writes and amends protocols as necessary.
- Participates in conferences, meetings and seminars concerning research and surveillance projects.
- Collaborates with fellows on research projects. Conduct literature searches and assist with publications.
- Performs related duties as required.
Master’s in Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Natural Sciences or related field.
Minimum five years experience in data management and study coordination in healthcare or basic research.
Knowledge in preparing publication, documents, reports and communication materials for distribution.
Experience managing/directing research project projects and/or grants based programs, and supervising data collection activities.
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Excellent teaching skills
Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
Comprehensive scientific and clinical background