Mount Sinai Careers
Trainee, Department of Psychiatry
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Temporary Computer Programmer assists in technical aspects of the creation of software to enhance treatment protocols in the department of psychiatry. Specifically, the Temporary Computer Programmer will work to develop a learning platform to help family members of youth at risk for psychosis to practice Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and communication skills learned in Group and Family-Based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (GF-CBT).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop the front and back-end of a learning platform under direction of the PI
- Develop a secure web-site to make the learning platform available to users
- Performs other related duties
- Enrolled in an accredited Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Candidate must have experience with web-site design and development and computer coding
- Computer and General Skills:
- Candidate must have advanced level knowledge of computer coding, website design, and other technical capabilities required to prepare the final product
- Candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Candidate must have ability to be self-directed to meet project milestones
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.