Mount Sinai Careers
SR ASSOCIATE RESEARCHER - Departnent of Neurosciences
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Senior Associate Researcher - 2289030
conducts research experiments using advanced technique. Analyzes and interprets
highly complex results. Reviews and presents data for publication or
- This position involves basic molecular techniques including PCR assays and DNA/RNA sample preparation and cloning. Other techniques include basic mammalian cell culture and transfection, PBMC isolation, fluorescence- and magnetic-activated cell sorting, genome editing (CRISPR-Cas9), chromatin immunoprecipitation, RNA/DNA sequencing libraries, and Illumina sequencing
- The successful applicant will join a team that applies genomic approaches to interpret multi-scale data generated from subjects with neurodegenerative diseases. You will be working as part of a team with other neuroscientists, molecular biologists and bioinformatics experts in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment
- Performs other related duties
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in molecular biology or a related field
- Two to four years of related laboratory experience is a plus
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.