Mount Sinai Careers
Systems Analyst II - Clinical Laboratories - Full Time Day
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Clinical Laboratories – # 2289260
Job Title: Systems Analyst II
Roles & Responsibilities:
Systems Analyst with overall responsibility for monitoring and maintaining laboratory systems, software and hardware, recommending and implementing systems enhancements and upgrades. Supports lab database in preparing lab-specific ad hoc reports, maintain all files, accumulating workload statistics, providing training related to the LIS and interacting with vendors for the selection and upgrade of software.
Essential Job Functions:
· Testing with Hospital Information system, external interfaces during system changes as well as version upgrades.
· Analyzing HL7 messages to identify and fix any issues between interfaces and the Laboratory Information system application.
· Maintaining up-to-date documentation and necessary paperwork for all testing activities as well as change requests.
· Creating and updating documents to ensure knowledge transfer from seniors to juniors and new comers
· Implementing change management requests in LIS
· Maintaining Inbound / Outbound HIS Interfaces to ensure uninterrupted communication between several interfaces and Laboratory Information System
· Instrument Interface technical support. Working with Application vendor, instrument vendors and laboratory to interface new instruments to Laboratory Information System.
· Creating Reports, Ad-hoc data / statistics extraction as required using the application and / or database and SQL queries
· Creation and maintenance of Support PCs / VPN tunnels for the vendor and remote consultants.
· Managing Offshore resources to ensure round-the-clock system stability
· Assisting the Laboratory Information System Managers to co-ordinate projects and resource management, supervise junior team members
· Perform Laboratory Information System related Hardware maintenance like label printers, report printers, creation of print queues, etc.
· Coordinating regular Server restarts and routine maintenance activities with the Laboratory, Laboratory Information System and the server support teams.
· End-user troubleshooting to make sure expedited resolution of any issues in the production environment.
· Provide Off hours and Weekend support and help co-ordinate upgrade and Go-Live events.
· Working with the IT, Network, End user support services to ensure laboratory Information system team requests for various services are catered to.
· Resolving internal tickets, Helpdesk tickets created by users and maintaining updates on the vendor ticketing system.
Other Job Duties:
· Ability to work on various shifts, weekends, and holidays. Available for on-call support by phone or on site.
· Degree in Computer Science or related field required.
· Medical Laboratory Technologist Licensure preferred
· 2-3 years of Laboratory system experience required.
· Knowledge of Soft SCC system preferred.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.