Mount Sinai Careers
Clinical Research Coordinator, Department of Psychiatry
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Assist with coordinating and monitoring a clinical research study testing the effectiveness of a suicide risk screening tool in psychiatric outpatients at two study sites. Conduct subject screening and recruitment, follow-up and reimburse study subjects, as well as manage collection and maintenance of research data. Train and manage research assistants in administration of study questionnaires and data entry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for patient recruitment and retention
- Provides detailed scripted explanations as to the purpose of the research and answering all patient questions
- Consents potential study participants
- Gives out research packets, ensuring their completion, and collecting and filing them for data analysis
- De-identifies the patient data through confidential pt. #’s and separating patient’s identifying data from their research packets
- Ensures privacy for patients to fill-out psychometric questionnaires
- Completes 1-month follow up interviews with study participants
- Ensures patient satisfaction with their research participation
- Follows protocol instructions and maintain study records
- Enters participant data into study database
- Prepares 6-month progress reports for the respective study site to submit to sponsor
- Trains and manages research assistants in administration of study questionnaires and data entry
- Participates, with the Principle Investigator and Clinical Research Manager in team meetings, providing progress reports and feedback on the course of the study
- Manages data entry and filing
- Maintains patient/employee confidentiality in the management of information
- Observes the Health Care System’s compliance policies
- Participates in research team meetings
- Maintains knowledge of grant regulations
- Attends required trainings
- Demonstrates a professional, courteous, and respectful attitude in dealing with patients
- Displays courtesy, tact, and patience during interactions with all members of the hospital staff and extended community
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1 year of research experience
- Computer and General Skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access)
- Experience performing literature searches. Familiarity with SPSS preferred
- Highly organized
- Collaborative team-player
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Professionalism and ability to effectively interact with staff, management and other team members alike.
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.