Mount Sinai Careers
RN - CCU - Per Diem
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Cardiology - 2290006
- Assists in development, implementation, and evaluation of standards of care and professional practice in collaboration with members of the health care team and in accordance with institutional policies and regulatory agency requirements.
- Assesses and evaluates patient needs for, and responses to, care rendered and applies sound nursing judgment in patient care management decisions.
- Provides direct, continuous, (where applicable), care for a specific caseload of patients through application of the nursing process based upon theory, research, and approved Department of Nursing and institutional standards.
- Coordinates patient care activities, based on established priorities, including teaching, rounding, counseling, and discharge planning, and directs/delegates appropriately to members of the health care team.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with patients, significant others, and members of the health care team about the patient's plan of care.
- Participates in performance improvement, nursing quality, nursing research activities and utilizes same in clinical practice.
- Bachelor of Science with a major in Nursing.
- Current New York State Registered Nurse / RN Licensure
- Must have relevant clinical competence in area of nursing practice; new graduates possess current knowledge of the nursing process and its application.
- Evidence of ability to maintain interpersonal relationships, communicate appropriately to others, work effectively to solve problems and confronts issues appropriately.
- Visual, aural, and cognitive ability to assess patient status. Physical and mental health necessary to care for acutely ill patients with a broad variety of diagnoses and behaviors on a daily basis.