Mount Sinai Careers
Business Associate A - Admitting/Throughput - Part Time - Variable
Strength Through Diversity
- Responsible for the business aspects of a patient's stay, as well as patient focused care within the Hospital. Duties include: maintaining census data, scheduling tests and medical procedures, receiving and maintaining inventory and other duties.
- Pre-admits patients to the hospital, including taking reservations, obtaining demographic, insurance and other pertinent data, discussing state mandatory regulations, and in general what is to be expected upon admission.
- Functions as liaison to insurance companies and the Medicaid Eligibility Office, including screening requests for medical necessity, obtaining prior authorizations when required, pre-certifying admissions, and assisting in document collection.
- Maintains census and charge data, updating all prevailing systems and compiling information for charge capture.
- Schedules appropriate tests and medical procedures and follow-up appointments.
- Assists in chart completion process by maintaining and discharging charts in proper order, compiling deficiency data and working with physicians to complete charts.
- High School Diploma/GED Required; Associate's Degree Preferred
- Proven data entry and computer skills required
- Medical data base experience (i.e. Cerner, IDX, Eagle)
- Clerical skills (answering phones, relaying messages, reception, correspondence etc?)
- Proven customer service experience in a healthcare environment
- Previous experience with insurance pre-certifications and discharging patients
- At least 1 year previous related work experience