Mount Sinai Careers
Registered Ultrasound Technician - Per Diem
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Non-invasive Cardiology - 2290532
- Prepares and examines all patients for ultrasound examinations in accordance with established departmental procedures and techniques.
- Operates and adjusts ultrasound equipment, takes safety precautions necessary to protect patients and personnel from electric shock or other hazards.
- Sets up, operates, cleans and makes minor adjustments to ultrasound equipment.
- Ensures adequate supplies are available for use.
- Assists in the orientation and mentor new Ultrasound personnel.
- Captures images onto PACS and transfers to physicians’ work stations.
- Answers telephones, schedules examinations and may initiate transportation.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School graduate and registered by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers.
- 0- 2 years of experience as Ultrasound Technologist
- Knowledge of office and administrative practices
- Skill in use of personal computers and software
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, accuracy and discretion