Mount Sinai Careers
Driver/ Patient Services Rep; Flexible Hours
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
145 - Radiology - 102nd Street
Driver/ Patient Services Rep
Roles & Responsibilities:
Responsible for the safe operation/driving of the
mobile mammography vehicle, proper maintenance, cleaning and management of
repairs (emergency and routine); drives the vehicle from home base to service
site and back to home base; greets patients and conducts the intake process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Drives to and from the scheduled service sites.
2. Maintains awareness of potential risk to patients, staff and facility while operating the vehicle.
3. Serves as patient services representative while not driving on days of service. Registers patients, organize and review paperwork for each patient, asking and documenting patient history questions, initiates the Screening Intake Forms for Cancer Services Program patients and coordinates with the fixed base insurance verification team as needed.
4. Directs patients to dressing rooms and assist in daily work flow.
5. For patients who arrive for screening but need diagnostic exams, works with the health educator/navigator and the patient to locate a convenient facility.
6. Inspects vehicle before and after each trip, maintains log of routine inspections of vehicle on a daily, weekly and monthly basis, maintains daily log of vehicle mileage hours, completes driver evaluation form.
7. Responds to emergency calls regarding vehicle status or when directed by management.
8. On non-driving days, plans routes, works with host facilities to assess parking, secures parking permits.
9. Keeps records of maintenance needs and travel costs, including but not limited to tolls, permit fees, cleaning and fuel.
10. Schedules and completes all van maintenance, including routine oil changes and cleaning, replenish fuel, oil and water, and perform minor repairs, washes and polishes vehicle.
11. Moves materials to and from the vehicle, check operating manual lists and other documents to determine that all items have been loaded and unloaded. Keep supplies at Periodic Automatic Replenishment levels.
12. Other duties as asssigned
High School graduate or GED equivalent required.
Commercial Driver’s License required. CDL A, or CDL B with a P Endorsement.
Basic automotive knowledge.
1+ years’ experience as driver of a mobile van, EMS vehicle or operator of a vehicle of similar size (42 foot) under similar circumstances, preferably medically related.
Computer skills, organizational skills, attention to detail.
Must have interpersonal skills sufficient to interact effectively and engage with our clients as well as department staff and host site staff while working within close quarters.
Present a positive attitude and professional appearance.
Must be able to work extended shifts (12 + hours) and weekends.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.