Mount Sinai Careers
BILLING MANAGER - SURGERY
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Billing Manager - 2290978
Responsible for the proper billing, payment and charge posting of all billable physician-patient encounters. Ensures all targets related to net, gross, days in accounts receivable, rejects and edits are met. Ensures all compliance and regulatory guidelines are adhered to and produces financial and billing reports to monitor billing. Provides daily, weekly and monthly tracking reports to management or supervisor. Oversees billing staff and ensures proper training and processing in accordance to institutional and billing policies.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develops, implements and monitors operational practices that maintain compliance with Mount Sinai policies, external regulations and audits recommendation while remaining within budgeted resources.
- Hires, trains, coaches, disciplines and evaluates staff to ensure smooth operation and to maintain a high level of patient satisfaction and adherence to financial targets.
- Maintains the privacy and confidentiality of information and adheres to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Oversees billing staff responsible for billing functions and ensures that net, gross, collections, accounts receivable, edits and reject targets met and monitored on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis.
- Tracks progress and submits reports to Supervisor on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. Submits trend issues to Supervisor on a weekly basis.
- Develops, implements and evaluates performance indicators for staff members. Identifies additional training needs and monitors performance against established indicators. Participates in grievance meetings as required.
Bachelors degree in related specialty preferred.
2 years billing supervisor experience