Mount Sinai Careers
MANAGEMENT ANALYST II
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Requisition #: 2291092
Mount Sinai Health System
Department:500 - MSMC Administration
- The Management Analyst II provides advanced analytical and project management support at a high level within the institution, utilizing a wide range of state of the art performance tools or methodologies across all administrative and operational functions. Reviews, analyzes and suggests improvements to business and organizational systems to assist senior level management in operating more efficiently and effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Prepares, reconciles and analyzes highly complex information; performs special studies and develops new processes and procedures. Provides accurate information to management for review, analysis and decision making.
2. May prepares manuals and may perform training implementations to improve processes. May monitor the effectiveness of training and change management activities; modifies training as required.
3. Monitors financial and operational performance of client departments and performs analysis to identify trends and answer specific questions.
4. Monitors project timelines and budgets.
5. Prepares highly complex feasibility studies and business plans to support new business developments.
6. Prepares complex Market Research and Analyses, Demand and Supply Analyses, and Demographic Studies to inform and support senior leadership’s decision making related to specific initiatives.
7. May execute independent and analytical analysis for workflow redesigns. May interview personnel and conduct on-site observation to ascertain unit functions, work performed and methods, equipments and personnel used.
8. Analyzes data gathered and may develop solutions or alternative methods or proceeding. May evaluate and communicate design issues or additional areas for opportunity; may resolve problems and offer recommendations.
9. Documents findings of studies and prepares recommendations for implementation of new systems, procedures or organizational changes.
10. Prepares monthly or quarterly reports and presentations as required.
11. Advances the organization’s ability to meet and exceed key strategic initiatives.
12. Creates reporting tools to simplify and communicate financial and operational objectives. Prepares forecasting models to assist in high-level decision making.
13. Updates monthly metrics and reports trends.
14. May document current operations and provide recommendations on new procedures and methods for management.
15. May prepare documents and diagrams to illustrate and describe operations, and may present findings and recommendations.
16. May track research grants, and prepare Research Density and Grants Analysis several times a year.
17. Performs other duties as required.
Bachelors degree; Master’s Degree preferred, preferably in Business Administration or related field.
3+ years experience in management or other related field.