Mount Sinai Careers
DIAGNOSTIC SPECIALIST I - ORTHOPEDICS
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Diagnostic Specialist - 2291224
Performs radiologic procedures, assists in the coordinator of patient flow into and out of x-ray area, insures supplies are available, responsible for daily maintenance of equipment and organization of x-ray films. Utilizes PACS system to process films, responsible for registering x-ray studies and patients in PACS and entering the system at completion of the study so billing can be performed.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Performs diagnostic radiologic services by operating imaging equipment, operating other equipment/devices as appropriate, positioning patients, immobilizing patients as necessary, calculating exposure factors, practicing radiation protection, evaluating radiographs for technical quality, assuming care for physical and psychological needs of patients during examinations and procedures, assisting physicians with imaging procedures.
- Maintains patients’ x-ray imaging and coping as requested.
- Performs clerical duties related to administrative activities of clinical x-ray area.
- Assumes full responsibility for assigned area.
- Assumes responsibility for x-ray portion of quality assurance and complies with all federal and state regulations and maintains daily equipment maintenance records.
- Schedules vacation time and arranges for appropriate coverage of area so clinical activity is not compromised.
- Pursues on-going CME.
Graduate of an AMA approved radiography program
Radiologic Technologist by the State of New York
Radiology Certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT).
Three to five years experience taking radiographs
Must work independently while maintaining confidentiality.
Possession of tactfulness, good judgment, attention to detail and guest relations essential.
Works independently but in coordination with physicians, medical assistants and all other staff in the Department of Orthopedics
1. Radiologic Technologist