Mount Sinai Careers
Technology Specialist III - IT Governance, Contract Administration
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Information Technology Specialist III identifies and initiates solutions to complex or systematic problems, analyzes business plans and strategy to define technology vision. This may involve leading or directing others in problem resolution involving interactions with multiple systems.
1. Provides integrated systems planning and recommends alternative technologies that will enhance current or anticipated information systems that support overall business goals.
2. Leads the review and design concepts for new systems and develops and documents the technical design for the integration and implementation of software.
3. Directs the development of comprehensive and strategic business cases with cost/benefit dimensions of proposed projects that are used at management and executive levels for funding and scope decisions.
4. Directs/conducts the analysis of current business processes and functional requirements, preparing appropriate documentation to communicate and validate the information.
5. Directs the analysis of enterprise-wide or very complex client needs in project areas such as new business operating models, innovative approaches to IT solutions support, market research or available product functionality and operational readiness assessment.
6. Influences cross-functional and/or cross-divisional task forces to indentify and document functional requirements, workflow, information sources and system specifications.
7. Selects and customized the methodology for the analysis and definition of efficient, cost effective solutions that support client business processes, functional requirements and resource costs, including evaluation of existing applications and alternative uses of technology.
8. Advises clients on the consequences of actions; communicates risks and ensures understanding of these risks. Jointly develops risk assessment of plan with client, and provides ongoing communication.
9. Works with area managers to finalize solutions and oversees implementation of recommendations.
10. Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
Experience: Twelve years of related experience, In-depth knowledge of associated technology areas that could impact area of responsibility; healthcare technology experience preferred.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to translate complex technical concepts into understandable terms, tailor communication to audience, mediate and facilitate communications between others, and communicate architecture to all levels of management and customers.