Mount Sinai Careers
Director - IT Contract Management
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Under the direction of the Corporate Contract Review Office and the VP of IT Governance, the Director of IT Contract Management will be responsible for all activities related to the IT organization's contract administration function. This position will oversees the preparation of proposals and negotiation and administration of contracts in accordance with company policies, legal, and supply chain requirements. This individual will also provide coordination as needed in the development of complex contracts and may assist in the negotiation of contract terms and assessment of contract proposals.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Facilitate the processes to evaluate, negotiate and prepare contracts for execution
- Establish and maintain supplier relationships by serving as a liaison as needed between vendors and our internal contact owners for contractual matters
- Manage record keeping for all contract-related correspondence and documentation in accordance with Contract Review Office policy and procedures, including upload and data management of documents in our Contract Library currently managed in the MediTract Tool.
- Provide contract-related issue resolution, both internally and externally.
- Monitor and complete contract close-out, extension or renewal, as appropriate
- Communicate contract-related information to all stakeholders
- Provide authoritative guidance to internal business teams on corporate goals and objectives relating to contract activity.
- Serve as focal point for all communication with law, finance and business team disciplines for resolution of contract issues and disputes.
- Assist in identification, development and implementation of new contract policy and processes.
- Participate as needed in the development of less complex business alliances and partnering agreements.
- Possess a general understanding of the business case and an appreciation of financial/analytical issues including profit and loss implications.
- Use of independent judgment and creativity applied to resolution of contract issues.
- Analyze significant, and/or unique contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, and corporate policies and business unit procedure.
- Provides contractual guidance to business team members for appropriate Statement of Work.
- Manages contract change control process.
- Develops negotiation strategy and leads negotiation team on complex contractual issues.
- Interfaces regularly with Business unit management teams, senior project or product managers, customer/supplier law department, outside counsel, mid-to senior level corporate management
- Provide guidance to solution delivery teams including design of RFI and RFP processes, business requirements definition, and vendor capability assessments.
- Bachelor’s degree required, graduate degree preferred (e.g. MBA).
- Minimum of seven years progressive responsibility with quantifiable results in contract negotiation, administration and/or management\
- Experience with Information Technology Contracts (e.g. Cloud, consulting, managed services, licensing)
- Demonstrated negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform in complex cross-functional business environment.
- Emerging ability to excel in upper level management environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with an ability to share and synthesize knowledge with all levels from front line staff to senior leadership.
- Self-motivated, dynamic, creative and able to work on own initiative