Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of a physician, the Physician Assistant provides diagnostic, therapeutic and preventive health care services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assesses patient health by interviewing them and obtaining and/or updating medical
history. Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
2. Performs physical examinations and provides treatment and counsel.
3. Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests and
laboratory studies. Interprets diagnostic test results.
4. Performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, suturing and
managing wound care and infections.
5. Counsels patients regarding prescribed therapeutic regimens, normal growth and
development, family planning, emotional problems of daily living, and health maintenance.
6. Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists
in provision of continuity of care.
7. Maintains a safe and clean work environment by ensuring compliance with infection-control policies and protocols and other safety procedures and regulations.
8. Provides assistance to physicians during surgery or complicated medical procedures.
9. May prescribe medication.
10. Performs other related duties
Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Program
ACL, BLS, ICC, DEA
1. Physician Assistant
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.