Mount Sinai Careers
MOHS TECHNICIAN - DERMATOLOGY (PER DIEM)
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The MOHS Technician assists in the process of tissue removal and microscopic examination of skin cancer cells. Also, the MOHS Technician performs extensive administrative duties involving medical record keeping, developing laboratory protocols and following federal and state guidelines. She/he may assist the surgeon in all stages of surgery when needed.
- The MOHS Technician is responsible for providing skilled surgical and medical support to the MOHS surgeon with the patients' care, comfort, safety, and confidentiality as primary concerns.
- Prepare patients' charts, forms, instruments, and other equipment as needed for surgery and patient care.
- Perform routine housekeeping duties and sterile technique. Keep rooms stocked with supplies and linens.
- Room patients, take detailed patient history, and have patient properly draped for the exam.
- Prepare set-up for surgical removal and assist surgeon.
- Performs other related duties.
- Graduate of an accredited Medical Assistant, Surgical Technician, or LPN program
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a surgical-based practice.
- Ability to communicate effectively with multicultural and language-deficit patients.
- Effective interpersonal and communications skills required.
- Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Proficient in of medical terminology and HIPAA guidelines.
- Knowledge of electronic medical records and/or billing systems preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to adapt to a growing and changing environment.
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.