Mount Sinai Careers
Associate Researcher, Oncological Sciences
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Associate Researcher is an entry level laboratory research position, responsible for conducting and assisting with routine and standardized experiments using techniques specific to the assigned research project under the supervision of the Principal Investigator and/or a Post-doc/PhD student.
The candidate will primarily work with human tissue (bladder and lung tumor lesions) and mouse tumor models with a focus on cellular immunology. The focus of the research study will be on the interactions between stromal and immune cells in the tumor microenvironment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts routine and standardized experiments using appropriate research techniques specific to subject matter of the research project
- Analyzes and assists in interpreting laboratory results of moderate complexity
- Performs assays to support research studies
- Maintains laboratory environment and assists in the upkeep of appropriate inventory; may include ordering of supplies
- Logs and tests samples; prepares and submits laboratory materials and specimens for shipment
- Assists in the collection, analysis and review of experimental data for publication and presentation
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Biological, Computational Science, or related science field required
- Recently graduated students prior to medical or graduate school are encouraged to apply
- Enthusiastic candidate with the desire to learn new skills and techniques. High motivation and enthusiasm to work within an international team and communicate with lab members is essential
- Careful attention to detail is critical. Must be self-motivated and flourish in a team-based environment
- 0-2 year of research/laboratory experience
- Appropriate verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Organizational, problem solving and analytical skills
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.