Mount Sinai Careers
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE MONITOR SPECIALIST - Accounts Payable (MSH)
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Reviews, researches and processes vendor invoices and voucher requisitions by adhering to accounting policies and procedures in order to produce accurate financial statements and ensure timely payment of hospital bills.
- Prepares invoices and requisitions for electronic batch processing according to established accounting practices and purchasing policies to ensure accurate and timely payment of hospital bills
- Prioritizes invoices for timely payment according to contractual agreements with vendors to meet financial requirements of the hospital and to maintain credit ratings
- Maintains and monitors multiple entity records by reviewing vendor invoices for taxing requirements in order to maintain compliance with all IRS regulations including 1099 income reporting requirements and taxing laws
- Maintains checks and balances to the system by researching and resolving discrepancies with vendors and hospital departments in accordance with established procedures to make timely payments and provide accurate financial reporting
- Maintains appropriate records by following department procedures for matching checks to documentation in order to meet audit requirements
- Performs balancing procedures by verifying
invoice batch information entered into the system to system generated reports.
Balancing ensures integrity of payment to vendor and protection of hospital
- HS diploma/GED, Associates degree preferred
- 2 years of experience with automated accounts payable/materials management processes
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.