Mount Sinai Careers
HEALTH EDUCATOR I
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Mount Sinai Health System
Requisition # 2293278
- The Part Time PrEP Specialist is a member of the Department of HIV Prevention at the Institute for Advanced Medicine. This position performs outreach, education, and data abstraction and entry for HIV Prevention programs specifically focusing on pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP). The list of duties below is intended to describe the most important aspects of the Specialist role and is not intended to be a complete list. The PrEP Specialist understands the philosophy, standards, objectives, and policies of the Institute for Advanced Medicine and the Mount Sinai Hospital System.
The PrEP Specialist ideally has experience with PrEP or HIV prevention services personally and/or professionally.
• Provide PrEP-specific outreach at relevant events (may include nights/weekends).
• In-reach to IAM clients to provide information, reminders of upcoming appointments, and link back to care.
• Support new PrEP-interested patients when they come to the clinics, providing personal experience of PrEP.
• Demonstrates the ability to engage clients and assess needs.
• Participates in grantor conference calls, as appropriate.
• Document activities on databases and electronic medical records (EMRs) as needed.
• Tracks performance in alignment with program deliverables.
• Maintains paper files as appropriate in a clean and organized fashion.
• Performs chart review to ensure compliance with program requirements and reports on findings.
• Scans documents into the Electronic Medical Record.
• Supports the implementation of educational sessions which may include helping to prepare powerpoints, reserving rooms, handing out metrocards, processing requests for reimbursement and other administrative tasks.
• Generates ideas and develops content for social media and educational sessions with patients.
• Promotes programs among patient population and supports enrollment into prevention programs.
• Other duties as assigned.
- Center for Comprehensive Care Specific Competencies
• HIV/AIDS experience
• Significant and demonstrated data entry experience
• Computers: True proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Internet; Access a plus.
• Maintains patient/employee confidentiality in the management of information.
• Arranges, participates in and implements, as directed, conferences and committee meetings.
• Meets regulatory, licensure and annual health assessment requirements.
• Identifies learning strengths and needs.
• Utilizes learning resources.
• Maintains professional competency through participation in continuing education.
• Demonstrates ability to work constructively, cooperatively and courteously with other members of the health care team, health system, funders, community and agency partners.
• Demonstrates a professional, courteous and respectful attitude in dealing with patients, families and significant others.
• Demonstrates flexibility in providing assistance to Center projects outside area of primary responsibility.
Bachelor's degree in health education/promotion, public health, or community health desired, though relevant work experience and demonstrated skills may be an acceptable substitute in the right candidate.
Significant experience and intelligence with LGBTQ+ people of color is critical
Excellent communication skills with a wide variety of consumers, clinic staff and collaborating partners
Independent worker with excellent organizational skills and the ability to responsibly follow-through on multiple tasks, projects and assignments
Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
Computer and medical documentation skills required
Knowledge of HIV/AIDS etiology, transmission, prevention and associated issues a major plus