Mount Sinai Careers
PATIENT ENCOUNTER ASSOCIATE - RTC
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
- Greets patients in person and by telephone and updates their insurance/demographic information in the practice management system.
- Gathers registration and financial information for patient pre-registration, enters the information into the practice management system and ensures all entries are complete and accurate.
- Answers phones for the practice; schedules, re-schedules and cancels patient appointments based on established protocols.
- Contacts patients at home to confirm scheduled and cancelled appointments.
- Checks in patients upon arrival at the practice and performs full registration, including: verification of demographics, completion of financial screening, prioritizing and verifying insurance as appropriate with third-party providers, making follow-up appointments, discussing MSMC?s self-pay policy for new patients, completing of Medicare as Secondary Payer questionnaire if appropriate, and having patient read and sign NOPP
- Education: HS/GED; Associates degree preferred.
- Microsoft office suite (Word, Outlook, Excel) ? basic proficiency.
- Keyboarding skills are necessary, CERNER, EPIC or other practice management experience preferred.
- Experience: 1 year physician practice experience. Must have a minimum of one week training on-site which will be provided by practice. Preferred: experience in a medical office setting, utilizing a computer system for physician scheduling.
- General Skills: Effective interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Excellent telephone etiquette Knowledge of medical terminology strongly preferred.