Mount Sinai Careers
TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST II
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Mount Sinai Health System
Requisition # 2293702
283 - CONFIDENTIAL AND GOVERNANCE
- Plans, organizes and directs the day-to-day activities within the department. The IT Associate Director assists the Director in implementing operational policies and procedures and ensures operational efficiency is maintained throughout the department.
Benefit to the organization:
· This position, which is part of the Governance department within IT and will work with team members from all areas of IT across the enterprise. “Governance” encompasses overall IT Governance Processes, Long Range Planning (IT Strategy Development), Enterprise Architecture Planning and Oversight, Capital Budget Planning, Transformation, Integration, etc)
· The position will lead and support planning efforts related to:
· Solution Design Project/Program Management
· IT Integration across 7 hospitals and the School of Medicine
•Technology operations support
•Clinical, business, IT related processes
· Long Range Planning (Strategy, SWOT Analysis, Business Case development, presentation)
· Capital Budget Planning
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage and oversee all IT related activities, under the direction of the IT Director in accordance with the guidelines set by the department and best practices, including evaluating design, development and coordination of projects.
2. Provide technical support and consultation on the installation, configuration, upgrading, troubleshooting and repairing applicable software, hardware and peripherals devices, providing accurate reports with recommendations for improvements.
3. Communicate with internal and external clients regularly to clearly communicate technical concepts, procedures to non-technical users.
4. Define and communicate project milestones, or scope of work, and resource allocation.
5. Supervise, hires, trains, and evaluates assigned staff. Works with employees to correct deficiencies, recommends and implements corrective action and discipline, as well as professional development. Manage staff, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and performance.
6. Assist with the development of long and short term goals for the department, which align with organizational goals.
7. Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, and support of hardware and software, under the area of responsibility.
8. Prepares or coordinates preparation of financial and administrative reports, analyzes and interprets statistics, financial data, and management planning data for predicting resource needs and developing long range plans.
9. Performs other related duties.
Bachelor’s Degree in business, computer science or related field.
10 years in the information technology field or its equivalent.
Excellent written and oral communications.