Mount Sinai Careers
Licensed Practical Nurse - Ambulatory - Mon-Thu 12:30-8:30p & Fri 10a-6p
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Mount Sinai Doctors Internal Medicine Associates – Ambulatory – Requisition 2293892
Job Title: Licensed Practical Nurse - Ambulatory - Mon-Thu 12:30-8:30p & Fri 10a-6p
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Licensed Practical Nurse works as part of a healthcare team by assisting in planning and implementing care interventions while promoting high quality patient care in a professional, efficient and safe manner, ensuring the patient flow. The Licensed Practical Nurse will also provide personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to patients. This person is expected to maintain up-to-date knowledge in this area and apply it to everyday practice.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Introduces self to patient while escorting patient into the exam room.
- Prepares the patient for exams and procedures
- Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets and physicians' instructions to patients
- Administers medications including all types of injections, IV therapy as needed and within the scope of licensure.
- Provide basic patient care and treatments, such as but not limited to: dressing wounds, performing catheterizations or applying compresses
- Collects, labels and processes specimens accurately.
- Cleans and prepare medical treatment rooms for patient visits
- Assemble and use equipment appropriate to specific medical practice.
- Schedule follow-up appointments for patients as needed
- Communicates delays effectively when necessary
- Enters patient information into the computer accurately and in a timely manner.
- Manages the physician's desktop accurately and in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provides clerical support to patients such as but not limited to making appointments, booking procedures, obtaining pre-authorizations and answering telephones.
- Manages medical inventory and supply ordering based on par levels.
- Must work under the supervision of the physician or Registered Nurse.
- Performs other related duties
What You’ll Bring:
- LPN Program certificate
- NY State LPN license
- IV and/or phlebotomy skills preferred
- Med/Surge, Primary Care and/or
Ambulatory experience preferred
Do you share our dedication to extraordinary service and have what it takes to wear the badge? Apply now!
Over 35,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is committed to the tenets of diversity and workforce that are strengthened by the inclusion of and respect for our differences. We offer our employees a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, a 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
The Mount Sinai Health
System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and
respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our
employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background,
or sexual orientation.