Mount Sinai Careers
Technology Specialist I - Application Development & Support
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Applications Development & Support - Req #2293912
Technology Specialist I
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Technology Specialist I acts as the principal technology expert for major systems and their subsystems utilizing a thorough understanding of available technology, tools and existing designs. Day to day responsibilities include:
· Track, communicate and manage Picture Archiving and Communications System (PACS) implementation and administration
. Administer PACS servers, storage (NAS/SAN storage systems from NetApp, EMC)
. Administer departmental databases (Oracle, SQL Server)
. Administer VMWare
· Interact with PACS vendors
· Coordinate system
· Monitor system performance and make improvements
· Oversee departmental desktop and modality support services
· Acts as expert technical resource to development staff in all phases of imaging systems development and implementation process.
· Develop and implement
· Develop track and control implementation schedules
· Develop policies and procedures for enterprise integration
· Insure accuracy of interface connectivity and verify integrity of interface data
· Transition ownership of application to individual team resources
· Maintain schedule status update meetings
· Interact with
Education: Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Master’s degree preferred
· 8+ years of experience working in information technology
· Imaging (PACS) systems
administration and modality configurations
· Understanding of DICOM and HL7 interface standards
· Windows Server, Linux/Unix, and SAN/NAS storage systems (NetApp/EMC)
· Database administration: Oracle, SQL Server
. VMWare administration
· Knowledge and experience with network technologies (TCP/IP, Microsoft)
· Project management
skills, principals and practices
· Familiarity with Microsoft development tools (.net, MS-Project, MS-Office…)
· Experience with managing desktop services
· System implementation experience
· Troubleshooting/problem solving skills
· Excellent analytical, verbal, and writing skills
· Clinical and information systems background
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.