Mount Sinai Careers
ASSISTANT REGISTRAR - ADMISSIONS & STUDENT AFFAIRS
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Assistant Registrar works with students, and faculty to update, correct and maintain accurate student records. In addition, this individual assists the Registrar with government and NGO reports, degree requirements on student enrollments, and status updates on all enrollments.
- Assist in maintaining and updating all aspects of the academic student record, including physical documents and electronic record in the Student information System(SIS)
- Responsible for data input, collecting and compiling enrollment data, and pulling data for reports
- Assist with coordinating data elements and requests with the various departments within the School
- Keep an up to date knowledge of best practices and AACROA recommendations in Registrar Policies and also Institutional Research
- Distribution of student status updates to appropriate advisors and faculty
- Coordinate and participate in the planning, development, implementation, documentation, administration and maintenance of the computerized degree audit system within the SIS
- Assist in training, and documentation of use of the SIS, and interpretation of the degree audit system and in the resolution of problems and issues.
- Assist with the evaluation and review of existing student technologies, and help with the collaboration with IT for potential replacements or improvements
- Verify validity of course requirement exceptions such as waivers and substitutions submitted by faculty program coordinators and deans. Edit the affected degree audit accordingly to complete such requests.
- Assist with the evaluation of transfer coursework to determine acceptability and equivalency.
- Assist with the evaluation of prerequisite coursework to determine acceptability, placement and equivalency.
- In collaboration with registrar team conduct degree audits, clearing students for graduation
- Assisting students with transcript issues, requests, and registration
- Coordinating and publishing the academic calendar and update school handbook and catalog each year
- Assist with keeping track of policy updates in order to record in the school handbook and catalog.
- Assist in classroom scheduling, communicating class room changes to students and faculty.
- Assist with tracking courses and attend the Graduate Education Curriculum Committee, to keep inventory of new courses
- Assist with planning and production of commencement ceremonies
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Masters preferred)
- Experience with exporting data reports to government agencies
- Advanced Skills with excel spreadsheets
- Experience in writing queries, and pulling data for reports.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience with EMPOWER systems or related student information systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills – comfortable presenting to various audiences
- Strong customer service skill set and orientation.
- Knowledge of registrar policies, procedures, and eligibility requirements
- Skill in researching regulatory information and resolving registrar questions
- 3 year’s minimum experience in Registrar Office at a university level/equivalent
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.