Mount Sinai Careers
CLINICAL RESEARCH COORDINATOR II - GENETICS & GENOMIC SCIENCES
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Clinical Research Coordinator assists in the daily activities of clinical research studies, obtains informed consent; collects, maintains and organizes study information. Under minimal supervision, the Clinical Research Coordinator collects and organizes the clinical assessments of the study subjects; analyzes, and assists in interpreting moderately complex clinical research data while employing good clinical practices (GCP). This position will be the main point of contact between patients and the study team, and they will report directly to the Clinical Project Manager for the study.
● Collects and records study data. Inputs all information into study database utilizing GCP.
● Independently obtains informed consent for clinical studies.
● Assists in the activities related to clinical research studies including but not limited to: answering phone calls, screening participants for eligibility, registering subjects with sponsoring agency, administering lifestyle questionnaires
● Assists in preparing grant applications, IRB/GCO for submission and filings
● Maintains source documents and subject files in accordance with hospital procedures and GCP. Ensures accurate and complete compilation of subject data through chart reviews.
● Secures, delivers and ships clinical specimens as required by the protocol
● Responsible for organizing and preparing for monitoring visits.
● Analyzes moderately complex clinical research data; Assists in interpreting clinical research data as needed.
● Assists the Principal Investigator, clinical project manager, and study staff in the preparation of new protocol submissions, protocol amendments, and renewals of on-going clinical trials.
● Mentors Clinical Research Coordinators in training.
● Performs other related duties as needed.
Bachelor's or Master's degree in science, Clinical Research, or a closely related field with:
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
● Excellent working knowledge of GCP and IRB procedures and guidelines.
● 2+ years of clinical research experience