Mount Sinai Careers
Radiation Therapist - FT Days - The Mount Sinai Hospital
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Delivers therapeutic radiation in accordance with the prescription and instructions provided by the Radiation Oncologist.
Checks the prescription to ensure accuracy of dosage and to eliminate errors.
- Takes and interprets port-images to determine accuracy; ensures image is reviewed and approved by a Radiation Oncologist.
- Prepares treatment room and equipment for patient including immobilization devices, field parameters and beam shaping. Explains procedures and setup patients for treatment.
- Observes and reports changes in patient's condition to the Radiation Oncologist or radiation therapy nurse. Records treatment administered in patients’ charts and record/verify system.
- Performs chart check and report any discrepancy.
- Performs daily QA and safety check as required by the regulations
- Maintains equipment in safe and good working condition. Reports defects or deficiencies for adjustment and repair to the chief technologist and/or medical physicist.
- Maintains work area in a clean and orderly condition. Stock and replenish supplies as needed.
- Performs other related duties
- Graduate of AMA approved school in radiation therapy.
- One year experience in clinical therapeutic radiation therapy.
- Clinical rotation in approved schools can be considered for the experience.
- Radiation Therapist - ARRT