Mount Sinai Careers
BILLING COORDINATOR-GENERALIST - SURGERY
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Billing Coordinator Generalist - 2295498
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Verifies insurance and registration data for scheduled outpatient/inpatient encounters and scheduled surgeries; reviews encounter forms for accuracy. May be responsible for obtaining pre-certification for scheduled surgeries and admissions.
- Enters office, inpatient, and/or outpatient charges with accurate data entry of codes. Ensures charges are entered/processed in accordance with policies and procedures.
- May run and work missing charges, edits, denials list and process appeals. Posts denials in IDX on a timely basis.
- Posts all payments in IDX using approved methodologies.
- May perform specialty coding for services and medical office visits and review physician coding and provide updated to physicians and staff.
Associates Degree or high school diploma/GED plus 2 years of relevant experience, CPC preferred
2 years experience in medical billing or health claims, with experience in IDX billing systems in a health care or insurance environment, and familiarity with ICD/CPT coding