Mount Sinai Careers
Associate Researcher, Department of Psychiatry
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Pinto Lab at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai is seeking a full-time laboratory technician to manage and participate in ongoing wet bench research projects. The Pinto lab is dedicated to the discovery of genes and biological pathways involved in neurodevelopmental disorders by using innovative experimental and bioinformatics approaches. We are recruiting a highly motivated and organized individual to play an integral role in generating valuable gene expression data that will provide insights into the genetic mechanisms underlying these disorders.
- Preparation of next generation sequencing libraries for RNA-sequencing
- Routine techniques in molecular biology including, but not limited to: Nucleic acid extraction, PCR, qPCR, Bioanalyzer/gel electrophoresis, sterile technique
- Responsible for the tracking, shipment and storage of DNA, RNA and tissue samples, as well as keeping a detailed inventory of these items
- Training of students and interns on routine molecular biology techniques (such as PCR or gel electrophoresis) and on the proper use of laboratory equipment
- Maintenance of all laboratory equipment
- Maintenance of all laboratory safety records and chemical inventory
- Ordering of all laboratory and office supplies
- Master’s degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics & Genomics or a related life science field with 2+ years of experience in routine molecular biology techniques listed above
- Bachelor’s degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics & Genomics, or related life science field with 4+ years of experience in routine molecular biology techniques listed above
- Excellent communication, record-keeping, troubleshooting and leadership skills
- Next generation sequencing library preparation
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.