Mount Sinai Careers
Equipment Manager Perioperative Care - Operating Room Management
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Equipment Manager is responsible for Perioperative Equipment location, maintenance, appropriate efficiency management. He/She coordinates systems to ensure efficient functioning, backup and recovery of all perioperative equipment.
- Coordinates physical equipment availability depending on Perioperative Operating room schedule and surgical blocks
- Coordinates communication between management.
- Manages and oversees system specifications, staff training, system installation and testing of the perioperative equipment.
- Creates, plans and implements initial definition, generation, and maintenance, system backup and recovery, preventive maintenance and repairs of systems. This includes refrigerators and appropriate log documentation.
- Ensures Quality Assurance involving specimen integrity, routing, validation of automated and manual robotic functionality.
- Responsible for day-to-day operational activities of the robotics and LIS systems.
- Maintains all regulatory compliance.
- Maintains communications with supervisors, directors and other department in the hospital.
- Plans and establishes work schedules and assignments of staff to meet departmental goals.
- Manages and coordinates the activities of employees.
- Supervises employees to ensure adherence to quality standards, deadlines, and proper procedures, correcting errors or problems.
- Attends meetings to provide progress reports.
- Performs other related duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or Computer Science
- 5 years’ experience in set up and administration of laboratory robotics
- Biomedical Engineering certification a plus
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.