Mount Sinai Careers
SENIOR CLINICAL RESEARCH COORDINATOR - ARNHOLD INSTITUTE FOR GLOBAL HEALTH
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Senior Clinical Research Coordinator for the Chronic Disease Action Center will work on a technology-based intervention to improve medication adherence among adults receiving medical care at Mount Sinai Health System. The Clinical Research Coordinator will report to the Program Manager of the Chronic Disease Action Center. The purpose of this research project is to improve adherence to medication, increase healthcare access and improve patient outcomes.
The Clinical Research Coordinator will be responsible for the following activities: participant recruitment, survey administration, in-person interviews, monitoring the status of multiple projects and ensure that interim and final deadlines are met; assisting in drafting of written materials, including IRB protocols, publications and presentations; management of data collection, and other related duties as assigned. Specific training will be provided.
Under general supervision, analyzes and interprets highly complex clinical research data, and develops protocols.
- Screen patients via phone and in person for eligibility for participation in a medication adherence trial.
- Recruit individuals with multiple chronic conditions to the research study.
- Meet with participants under minimal supervision of the investigator(s) to educate participants regarding study requirements, obtain informed consent, administer surveys, and collect relevant data.
- The incumbent must be extremely savvy with technology, as this is a text message-based research study.
- Maintain accurate records of recruitment efforts and study data.
- Abstract relevant study data from medical records.
- Work cooperatively with clinical and research staff members.
- Assist research staff in preparing and leading focus groups with patients.
- Assist research staff in preparing manuscripts and grant applications.
- Be flexible; schedule may involve some early morning, evening, and/or weekend hours depending on patient availability.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred), or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
- A flexible schedule is required (including occasional evenings and/or weekends).
- Applicants should have 1-3 years of relevant research experience.
- Bilingual Spanish a plus
- Previous experience working in healthcare, and recruiting individuals to research studies preferred.
- As the primary contact for study participants, the clinical research coordinator must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and be discreet.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and an ability to multitask are essential to the position, as well as ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Team player, with good interpersonal and communication skills, who will work well with research participants, supervisors, and co-workers.
- The Clinical Research Coordinator must be able to manage data collection, as well as communicate barriers and deviations from protocol in a timely fashion.