Mount Sinai Careers
Registered Respiratory Therapist - Full Time - Days
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Respiratory Therapist - 2296754
Roles & Responsibilities:
Therapist helps patients experiencing difficulty breathing learn to use various
equipment and techniques to aid in clearer and more efficient breathing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Demonstrate the ability, understanding and proper utilization of the following: nasal cannula, venti mask, USN, non-Rebreather masks, changing regulators, pulse oximetry etc.
2. Demonstrate competency in performance criteria of Medication and Medical Gas Administration: Proper use of metered dose inhalers, peak flow meters, Oxygen, Heliox, Nitric Oxide etc. Also assess patients for their continued need.
3. Demonstrate clinical competency performance in ETT placement and securing airway. Suctioning ETT, including closed system suctioning, open system with sterile technique.
4. Demonstrate Ventilator and BiPAP/CPAP setup and management.
5. Demonstrate clinical competency in evaluation, analysis, and interpretation of data obtained from diagnostic and physiologic tests.
6. Demonstrate proficiency in bedside testing for weaning (spirometery), use of End Tidal CO2 and Peak Flow meters.
7. Demonstrate competency in use of electronic medical record – documentation, order sets, etc.
8. Performs other related duties.
degree in a Respiratory Therapy program which is accredited by either the
Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (CoARC) or the Commission on Accreditation
of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
Respiratory Therapist License issued by the NYS Department of Education Office of the Professions
0-2 years experience in Respiratory Therapy
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.