Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Job Title: Director, Content Marketing
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Director, Content Marketing will oversee the strategic, administrative, operational and editorial activities of content marketing at the Mount Sinai Health System which includes seven hospitals and the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, as well as an expanding ambulatory footprint. In this role, the incumbent will focus on strategy that will drive reputation and revenue for the Health System and achieve a unified and strong editorial and brand platform with clear, impactful calls-to-action to meet key business goals. The individual will coordinate with members of the Marketing and Communications team, as well as key stakeholders in the Mount Sinai Health System, to ensure a consistent message about the institution’s mission, vision and values in the local and global community.
Successful candidate must be a skilled content marketer who understands creating content to build business and reputation. They must be skilled editorially in copywriting, copy editing, and search engine optimization (SEO) – and have significant project management experience involving a large level of assets and high-level stakeholders. They must have the ability to motivate and lead various team members to provide and suggest content that can be tailored to a particular campaign. They must be skilled in creating and managing an editorial calendar.
This individual must also have a passion for storytelling, a talent for clear, compelling communication and vision for new ways to grow our business. We are seeking a versatile leader – creative, committed, and analytical with enthusiasm and drive to produce demonstrable impact on awareness, patient experience and revenue. This is a highly strategic role with the opportunity to transform how people view Mount Sinai.
• Lead the strategic planning, development and management of Mount Sinai’s content strategy across all platforms.
• Work closely with Creative to develop the highest quality assets that will enhance our marketing efforts.
• On a daily, weekly and monthly basis, you will manage our content flow and deadlines to ensure that Mount Sinai’s brand and voice is represented.
• Have a deep tactical understanding of SEO and how content must be planned, created and executed to meet Mount Sinai’s marketing and communications goals.
• Superb copy editor that is knowledgeable about health care and science; you are able to edit copy so that it sets us apart from other medical institutions across the country; you can write in a consumer voice, as well as a more elevated form tailored to physicians and other thought leaders.
• Create campaigns that use our content including blogs and videos to distinguish us from the competition.
• Create the right set of metrics to assess and test content performance.
• Innovate and experiment with new forms of story-telling, production and distribution.
• Be a model of outstanding and persuasive communication and writing skills.
• Excel at helping others grow in their role and collaborate across the organization
• Minimum Education
• BA/BS required
• Minimum Related Experience
• 7+ years in marketing organization/s
• Analytically savvy
• 10+ years in editorial and content creation
• 5+ years in leadership and people management roles
• A creative and strategic leader with the ability to work across teams and departments
• Experience conceiving and building thought leadership platforms
• Excellent communication and writing skills
• Experience in these strategic areas: content creation (including video and social), scaling and distribution, content marketing, project management, building a loyal audience, partnerships, SEO and engaging target audiences and markets.
• You are analytical. You value data insights just as strongly as journalistic standards; you understand how to leverage data and engagement tools to evaluate audience growth, as well as content performance.
• Entrepreneurial in spirit and an exceptional problem solver; you’re thoughtful, but with a bias towards action.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.