Mount Sinai Careers
FACILITIES DESIGN PROJECT MANAGER - Department of Facilities Design
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Project Manager provides oversight, coordination and management of design and construction for diversified and complex design and construction projects to ensure satisfaction of project scope for a client mix composed of Academic, Research and Medical Professionals. Manages all aspects of the planning, implementation, allocation of resources and related activities of capital construction projects. The Project Manager’s goal is to ensure project scope completion within set timeline, contract specifications and budget.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the design, construction and renovation of complex construction projects throughout the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai and the Mount Sinai Doctors practices
- Coordinates with the appropriate stakeholders, architects, engineers and specialized consultants to specify Project Program and satisfy Project Scope
- Collaborate with Facilities Engineering Dept to provide the infrastructure interface requirements to existing building systems
- Monitors the preparation of all design and construction drawings and specifications to ensure building standards are met
- Reviews drawings and contracts and provides input, recommendations and approval of same
- Provides Value Engineering and Constructability reviews of architectural and engineering designs
- Prepares RFP Bid Documents, administers the bidding and levels and awards contracts to construction professionals, vendors and suppliers
- Coordinates contractors, end-users, and other relevant department personnel for the duration of the project
- Monitors construction, ensuring that the project schedule is maintained
- Ensures safety, ILSM and ICRA are enforced and that work conforms to design, quality and contractual standards
- Coordinates and implements relocation plans for department and staff
- Prepares and oversees all financial aspects of a project, including estimates, Project Budget, Funding, Purchase Orders, Change Orders, and Requisition Payments, from Feasibility through Close Out
- Responsible to identify and resolve budget problems, develop and maintain project cost reports and schedules
- Prepares Weekly Project Status Reports and monitors and updates construction schedules
- Experience with NYC Building Codes, NYC DOB, and FDNY
- Strong AutoCAD skills, with the ability to produce, as required, In-House Interior Test Fits, Schematic Designs and Small project RFP Bid Documents
- Bachelor Degree in Architecture preferred
- Knowledge of AutoCAD preferred
- Architecture License preferred
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in an Architecture Office, with specific expertise in producing Design and Construction Documents including 3 years as a Construction Project Manager
- General Skills:
- Knowledge of Health Care, Academic and Research Laboratory design and construction and relevant building infrastructure systems a plus
- Knowledge of federal, state and local building codes
- Understand the basic business practice of the design and construction management process
- Proven ability to guide outside design consultants and construction management teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication and computer skills
- Strong independent leadership, but with the ability to work within a diverse team
- Demonstrates time management skills, resulting in the ability to manage multiple projects and client relationships, and prioritize time and resources accordingly
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.