Mount Sinai Careers
CLINICAL RESEARCH COORDINATOR - PART-TIME - CARDIOLOGY
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Clinical Research Coordinator - 2297326
The Clinical Research Coordinator is an entry research position, responsible for conducting and assisting in clinical research studies, obtaining informed consent, collecting, maintaining and organizing study information. This individual assists in the preparation and submission of grant applications and documents (e.g., Institutional Review Board, Grants and Contracts Office).
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Conducts routine and standardized human subjects research using appropriate research or interview techniques specific to subject matter of the research project, providing support to the Principal Investigator.
- Assists in the activities related to clinical research including, but not limited to: obtaining informed consent, screening participants for eligibility, registering patients with sponsoring agencies, administering questionnaires and answering telephone calls.
- Assists in the collection, analysis and review of experimental data for publication and presentation.
- Maintains source documents and subject files in accordance with Mount Sinai policies and procedures. Ensures accurate, confidential and complete compilation of data.
- May secure and ship clinical specimens as required by the protocol.
- May assist in the preparation for regulatory agency site visits.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree in science or related field preferred, or a combination of relevant research experience and education
0-2 years of clinical or laboratory research experience
1. Appropriate verbal, written and interpersonal skills
2. Organizational, problem solving and analytical skills