Mount Sinai Careers
LEAD GENERAL MECHANIC
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
PLANT OPERATIONS- REQ # 2302834
Job Title: Lead General Mechanic
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of work in the maintenance and repair of buildings and grounds at various facilities, including carpentry, plumbing, electrical, masonry and painting tasks. This individual reports mechanical malfunctions to appropriate parties for action, completes service requests, responds to emergency situations (by wearing a company-provided radio), and maintains a clean and safe working environment.
- Carpentry: Includes, but not limited to, basic rough and finish carpentry, repair of partitions, walls, doors, window frames, office furniture, floor and ceiling tile installation and the installation of shelving.
- Electrical: Includes, but not limited to, basic repair work for outlets, switches, installation of new light bulbs/LED modules, plugs, cables and the reporting of unsafe electrical conditions.
- Plumbing: Includes, but not limited to, basic repair of leaks, opening of clogged drains and toilets, and repair of faucets.
- Painting: preparation of various types of surfaces for paint, enamel, lacquer, varnish or stain.
- Other related duties as required.
- HS/GED required; certificate preferred.
Associates degree in electronic technology or mechanical principles is highly desirable
- 3 years preferred of basic or mechanical repair experience
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.