Mount Sinai Careers
Licensed Practical Nurse, Department of Primary Care/Pulmonary
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
The Licensed Practical Nurse works as part of a healthcare team by assisting in planning and implementing care interventions while promoting high quality patient care in a professional, efficient and safe manner. This individual also provides personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to patients. The LPN is expected to maintain up-to-date knowledge in this area and apply it to everyday practice.
- Prepares the patient for exams and procedures
- Explains treatment procedures, medications, diets and physicians' instructions to patients
- Administers medications including all types of injections, IV therapy as needed and within the scope of licensure
- Provides basic patient care and treatments, such as but not limited to: dressing wounds, performing catheterizations or applying compresses
- Collects, labels and processes specimens accurately
- Cleans and prepare medical treatment rooms for patient visits
- Schedules follow-up appointments for patients as needed
- Enters patient information into the computer accurately and in a timely manner
- Provides clerical support to patients such as but not limited to making appointments, booking procedures, obtaining pre-authorizations and answering telephones
- Manages medical inventory and supply ordering based on par levels
- Other clinical responsibilities as assigned. Must work under the supervision of the physician or Registered Nurse
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- LPN Program certificate
- 1+ year as Licensed Practical nurse preferred
- IV and/or phlebotomy skills preferred
- Complete competency skill checklist within first 3 months
- Licensed Practical Nurse
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.