Mount Sinai Careers
Quality Initiative (QI) Program Manager
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
628 - VAP Infection & Quality- 2304416
QI Porgam Manager
The Mount Sinai Health System's commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System's ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai's mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity. Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
The Quality Initiative (QI) Program Manager will work collaboratively with leadership and staff across the Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS) to manage quality improvement projects. The QI Program Manager provides direction to enable MSHS to achieve outstanding performance on standardized metrics of quality, safety, and patient satisfaction based on evidence based clinical pathways. In this role, he/she will:
· Collaborate with hospital and system leadership to develop comprehensive programs to implement systems to support compliance with evidence based standards of care and improved patient outcomes
· Provide oversight to MSHS hospitals to facilitate alignment of short and long term goals, program objectives, policies and operating procedures and communication strategies
· Consult with system hospitals and stakeholders on operational aspects and scope of a projects, including supporting the creation and execution of project work plans and the development of education plans
· Provide leadership to and coordinate the execution of day to day program activities to meet program objectives
· Participate in and conducts analysis to identify process improvement opportunities as needed; identify patterns and/or trends for program improvement across the health system
· Serve as liaison and ensures appropriate builds to electronic health records
· Provide timely status reports to MSHS Program leadership
· Identify best practices and tools to support/refine project goals and implementation of the MSHS quality and safety protocols
· Prepare reports and analysis associated with the quality improvement programs for stakeholders including senior management and departmental and clinical program leads
· Build and promotes positive working relationships with all stakeholders to foster successful project implementation
· Master’s degree is required
Minimum Related Experience
· Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in a healthcare setting (preferably acute care hospital or clinical cross-functional team setting) with demonstrated success in the use of data-driven methodologies, analytics and statistics to meet goals in patient safety or process improvement initiatives
· Strong understanding of and ability to perform in a data-driven environment including statistical charting, trend analysis
· Excellent organizational skills, analytical in nature with a curiosity towards solving complex problems, and strong attention to detail
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
· Professional attitude – comfortable working in a corporate setting populated by diverse types of people and able to maintain poise and a sense of humor in stressful situations
· Proven ability to work both independently on projects and as part of the larger team
· Proven track record of delivering measureable business results
· Strong computer literacy including intermediate/advanced Excel
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity and inclusion is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize healthcare delivery together.
We work hard to recruit and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you have the opportunity and support to develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, have an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospitals, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.