Mount Sinai Careers
SR ASSOCIATE RESEARCHER - The Department of Tisch Cancer Institute
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Roles & Responsibilities:
A Senior Associate Researcher position is currently available in the Vaccine and Cell Therapy Laboratory (VCTL) within Tisch Cancer Institute, division of Hematology/Medical Oncology. This is an academic cGMP Facility producing cellular and viral vector vaccines for use in Phase I and II clinical trials. The Senior Associate Researcher will work as a member of the production team to support ongoing projects using advanced techniques, analyze and interpret highly complex results. He/she will also perform quality control assays on in-process material and process patient blood samples for isolation of plasma, serum, and PBMCs. The Senior Associate Researcher will report directly to the Facility Director for the VCTL.
- Perform a variety of production and testing procedures using advanced research techniques in a cleanroom environment
- Assists in process development and technology transfer, including drafting SOPs, standard forms, and master batch records
- Assists in the implementation of standardized protocols for production and quality control testing
- Assists the Facility Director by extracting and compiling data; creation of graphs for presenting data in meetings
- Mentors and trains less experienced staff
- Ensures compliance with safety and regulatory requirements
- Performs other related duties, as assigned
- Must be able to occasionally work non-standard hours, as required, according to the production schedule
- Bachelor’s Degree in sciences or related field; Master’s Degree in sciences or related field preferred
5 years using aseptic technique in a cellular or virus laboratory environment
- Excellent organizational, documentation, and communication skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Previous GMP or GLP experience preferred
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a
part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.