Mount Sinai Careers
Safety and Quality Manager - Psychiatry - Full Time/Days
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Psychiatry - # 2304810
Job Title: Safety & Quality Manager
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Safety and Quality Manager is accountable for the incident investigation and reporting process, and identifying, assessing, reporting, educating and recommending solutions to quality improvement and risk management issues.This individual may also address educational, certification and competency issues for the staff, and coordinates JCAHO and other regulatory standards and related initiatives through interdisciplinary communication with leadership.
- Accountable for incident investigation and reporting, and recommendation of quality improvement and risk management issue solutions. S/he supports excellence in the delivery of patient care services, patient management; the unit and clinical service objectives and the goals of the organization.
- Collaborates with leadership staff to ensure that the highest expectations of regulatory and professional standards are met. S/he provides support to clinical leadership in the development of interdisciplinary standards relevant to the department.
- Maintains, reviews and updates all specialty policies in accordance with hospital, professional and regulatory standards.
- Identifies, responds to and investigates potential and actual risk management issues. Reports significant events to the appropriate regulatory agency and internal hospital staff. Tracks corrective action plans to completion.
- Collaborates with other disciplines to identify opportunities for improving patient outcomes, to reduce future risk and to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Assesses staff educational needs and develops training programs to address their needs. Provides individual and group education programs to meet corrective action goals; if applicable to specific department role, may be responsible for staff members to be appropriately credentialed, competent and have completed required educational programs.
- May assist in the development of new educational programs based on professional standards, performance improvement data and regulatory agency (i.e., JCAHO and the Department of Mental Hygiene) recommendations.
- May participate in relevant process improvement committees.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree required, preferably in a health science
- 3+ years’ experience with a preferred minimum of 2 years in a clinical role and exposure to quality and safety management
- Current NYS clinical licensure in a relevant field (i.e., RN, NP, PA, Social Work, Mental Health Counselor, or related) required
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality management and/or Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) principles and New York State Department of Mental Hygiene and JCAHO standards and regulations
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.