Mount Sinai Careers
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS FOR MEDICAL EDUCATION
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Assistant Director of Admissions for Medical Education Programs - 2305368
The Assistant Director of Admissions for Medical Education Programs will lead the admissions effort for regular medical education, the FlexMed program, and collaborative pipeline partnerships developed with universities, high schools and corporations nationwide. The Assistant Director will develop and implement an admission strategic plan that is data-driven to achieve enrollment goals.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with the Associate Dean for Admission to create a system for timely application review and appropriate follow-up with decisions.
• Collaborate with Enrollment Services application processing Director and team in the management of the flow of application review, interviews and decisioning.
• Manage the recruitment, admission application process that will effectively engage and motivate potential applicants to apply to ISMMS's FlexMed program.
• Cultivate relationships with undergraduate programs that will provide pipelines for recruitment of potential FlexMed applicants and regular Medical Education applicants.
• Maintain contact with prospective flex Med applicants via multi-digital media sources.
• Assist in the planning and implementation of yield events and recruitment events for FlexMed and regular Med Ed admits.
• Track and manage admissions data in order to inform admissions strategies.
• Review program applications and communications for needed updates.
Education: Bachelor's Degree required, Master’s preferred.
Experience: 5-7 years of Higher Education Admissions experience with progressive responsibility; Experience in higher education admissions, marketing, management, recruitment or related areas.
• Strong project management and project implementation skills
• Strong interpersonal, written communication, and presentation skills
• Excellent attention to detail with proven ability to prioritize and multi-task in a
fast-paced, high pressure environment
• Demonstrated problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated leadership competency and ability to develop productive
working relationships with multiple constituencies (faculty, staff, students, etc.)
• Excellent database management skills