Mount Sinai Careers
Oncology Care Coordinator/Utilization Management Coordinator - Case Management - Full Time - Days
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Utilization Management Coordinator - 2305634
Roles & Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for coordinating requests for clinical information from Third Party Payors and providing support to a broad client base, both internal and external to the Institution. The position also facilitates and tracks concurrent adverse determinations and collaborates with Appeals Management in management in management of retrospective denials.
The Oncology Utilization Management Coordinators (UMC) are non-clinical personnel that will act as a specialized resource for the hematology/oncology program by evaluating patients identified for elective admission or discharge and ensuring that they have a seamless transition between inpatient and outpatient settings. This position will be hosted by the care management team and will have a reporting structure to that team and an identified oncology specific administrator and clinical lead. This position will fulfill a three–fold mission: 1) improve the patient experience, 2) improve inpatient hospital quality metrics and 3) facilitate transitions of care.
1. Receives and appropriately enters requests for reviews into Canopy.
2. Enters certification and denial data into canopy based on review of payor End of Day Reports, notification from internal and external Case Managers, financial screening and other personnel within required time frame.
3. Generates and distributes Payor Census Logs to external and on-site Case Managers.
4. Assist with denial management and Discharge Appeals process.
5. Contacts third party payers to assist case managers in obtaining authorization for Discharge Planning
6. Responsible for incoming communications via phone or fax, monitors office voice mails.
7. Prioritizes incoming communications and relays messages to Case Managers or other UM staff.
8. Provides patient-specific information to payors as needed.
9. Screens and registers outside agency personnel in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
10. Performs other daily tasks associated with Canopy, TDS/EDR, Cerner and Eagle
11. Maintains office files, equipment and supplies.
12. Performs other duties as assigned
Some college required; Bachelor’s degree with coursework in business preferred
Familiarity with Third Party Payor requirements preferred.
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.