Mount Sinai Careers
Organ Donation Project Manager
The Mount Sinai Health System's commitment to excellence extends beyond delivering world-class health care. The System's ongoing success is dependent upon our highly motivated, nonclinical professionals working to improve business operations. Our leadership team is driven to provide exceptional service by cultivating a workforce that is dedicated to upholding Mount Sinai's mission of delivering innovative, breakthrough medicine with compassion and integrity.
Are you ready to discover the world of limitless possibilities that comes with wearing the badge? Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story of unrivaled patient care!
What You'll Do:
The Project Manager will work collaboratively with leadership and staff across the Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS) and our local organ procurement organization (OPO), LiveOnNY, in support of our organ and tissue donation program. The Project Manager will:
1. Provide project management support to MSHS’s Organ and Tissue Donation program
2. Collaborate with program leadership, and hospital, system and LiveOnNY stakeholders to support daily operations of the MSHS organ donation program including adherence to timelines and key deliverables
3. Serve as an operational resource for team members for expedited problem identification and resolution, provision of project-specific updates, and team interactions and deadlines.
4. Collects data and performs statistical analyses to support project planning, implementation, and progress toward outcomes; shares data with stakeholders
5. Implements education and outreach programs targeted for patient care teams (e.g. nurses, physicians, social work, chaplaincy, etc...), patients, families and hospital visitors to advocate for donation
6. Provide direction and regular updates to the MSHS and LiveOnNY project teams, ensuring they are informed of all project changes, decisions and metrics that may affect the success of the project
7. Supports local hospital Donor Councils and service area teams to implement system-wide initiatives; coordinates activities needed to implement system strategies locally
8. Provides consultative services to improve and optimize MSHS’s and LiveOnNY’s workflows and collaboration
9. Serves as a subject matter expert in the organ and tissue donation process within MSHS
10. Builds and promotes positive working relationships with all stakeholders to foster successful program implementation.
11. Facilitates project-related meetings, including the creation of agendas and preparation of materials. Prepares and/or edits meeting minutes, presentations and tables.
12. Works with leadership to expedite problem identification and resolution
What You'll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's Degree preferred
- At least 3-5 years of experience required in a healthcare environment
- Experience working in an Organ Procurement Organization and/or within a Transplant Service line is a plus
- Experience with data-driven methodologies, analytics, and statistics
- Excellent organizational skills, analytical in nature with a curiosity towards solving complex problems, and strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to work both independently on projects and as part of a large team