Mount Sinai Careers
A Postdoctoral Fellow position is currently available within the lab of Dr. Lewis Silverman at the Tisch Cancer Institute at the Icahn School of Medicine of Mount Sinai. The lab focuses on basic science research that is pertinent to improving the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of cancer. The candidate will have an opportunity to contribute to and shape several ongoing projects within the lab.
1.Conduct and design experiments under the direction of lab PI.
2.Report to PI research progress and maintain a current knowledge of literature in relevant fields.
3.Maintain good records and contact with collaborators.
4.Nurture collaborative relationships with fellow scientists within the institution, locally, nationally and internationally.
5.Summarize experimental data timely and assist in drafting publications under the direction of the PI.
6.Master computer and technical skills necessary for experimental execution as well as data input and analysis.
7.Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Ph.D, M.D or MD/PhD.
· Excellent communication skills in written and oral English are essential.
· Proficiency in molecular biology (ex: RT-PCR, flow cytometry, electrophoresis, tissue culture)
· Experience in hematology/oncology as well as in epigenetic research desired.
· Previous bioinformatics experience is a plus.
· The candidate is also expected to be self-motivated, creative and capable of contributing productively in a team environment.