Mount Sinai Careers
Senior Clinical Research Coordinator, Department of Neurosurgery
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Senior Clinical Research Coordinator – 2307498
Under general supervision, analyzes and interprets highly complex clinical research data; conducts clinical testing and develops protocols. Develops work flow policies and procedures. Mentors, trains and reviews the work of less experienced clinical research staff. Oversees the clinical assessments of the study subjects. Assists with protocol submissions, database enhancements, and budget preparation.
- Analyzes highly complex data gathered on clinical research studies
- Interprets complex clinical research data
- Conducts clinical testing, develops protocols and assures all protocol procedures are approved
- Prepares reports for presentation in conferences and seminars
- Mentors, trains and reviews the work of less experienced clinical research staff
- Develops work flow policies and procedures, prepares manuals and documents related to operations of the function
- Oversees the clinical assessments of the study subjects including but not limited to screening, evaluation and testing of the subjects
- Oversees data collection, processing, storage, inventory and quality control for clinical research studies
- Assists in budget preparation and negotiation
- May prepare and ensure grant applications, IRB / GCO documents are submitted
- Coordinates protocols and human subject approvals between various sites
- Assists the Principal Investigator and regulatory staff in the preparation of new protocol submissions, protocol amendments, and renewals of ongoing clinical trials
- May obtain informed consent under general supervision of the Investigator(s) and educate participants regarding study requirements
- Performs other related duties
- Bachelor's degree in sciences or related field. Master's degree preferred
- 5 years of clinical research
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage multiple tasks & priorities
- Knowledge of variety of concepts, practices and procedures in directly related field
- Demonstrated leadership potential
The Mount Sinai Health System believes that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotion to delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city we call home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us, you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, education and advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retain the best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where you can develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardless of job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunity and how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Over 38,000 employees strong, the mission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patient care with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivaled education, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The Mount Sinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai Beth Israel, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount Sinai Queens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St. Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is an equal opportunity employer. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.