Mount Sinai Careers
IT Program Manager II - IT Governance
Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancing medicine. Healing made personal.
Mount Sinai Health System (MSHS) has entered into a partnership with South Nassau Communities Hospital (SNCH). As part of that partnership, all corporate services, including IT, will be centralized.
In order to integrate staff, services, infrastructure, and the application portfolio, a program manager is needed. This role will work with the extended IT leadership team to plan, manage and monitor the execution of the IT integration. Once integration is underway, this role will then evolve into a Business Relationship Manager serving as the liaison between SNCH clinical and business leadership and the MSHS IT department.
- Coordinate and facilitate planning sessions across all IT disciplines
- Develop, communicate, manage, and monitor integration plans comprised of workstreams representing the different IT disciplines. Integration plans for four milestones are to be developed:
- Day Zero
- Three year
- Prepare a budget and resource plan for IT integration activities, including capital and on-going operating costs
- Facilitate weekly calls with all parties to monitor workstream progress
- Present at bi-weekly IT Governance meetings on the status of IT integration
- Serve as the primary escalation point for IT integration issues
- Develop and maintain working relationships with SNCH clinical and business leadership
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- Solid knowledge of the health information technology function and operations in provider organizations (preferably multi-hospital setting); Enterprise awareness
- Deliverable-based Project and Program Management (PMP or PgMP certified preferred)
- Business relationship management skills, serving as the liaison between IT and clinical, business, and executive roles
- Facilitated session leadership
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (must command a presence in a room to facilitate and lead)